Last Saturday, Jessica had to do colorguard duty at local parade. Amanda daughter and I decide to stay there and enjoy the parade. It was nice and cold that morning around 9:00 AM. Since it is our first time to participate, we have no idea what it is like.
Lucky, I bring my Olympus c3000z digital camera – so I can practice shooting at these people during the parade. I saw some cool idea such as putting advertising during the parade – some of them put advertising on magnetic sign on their vehicle. Most of them using advertiser to sponsor local nonprofit organization:
• Boy/Girl Scout
• Family YMCA & Sports
• church group
• High School bands, cheerleader, colorguard, etc.
• Local karate group & local dance group
• Barrel Express
• Antique vehicles
• Drill team
• Republican Women Club
• Red Hat Society
• Texins Credit Union Mascot
• Blue Cross, Guaranty Bank, Ebb Halliday, Toyota, Ford, 103.7 KVIL, etc.
• Falun Dafa (Dedication for Body & Mind)
• 1923 Tangley Circus Calliope
• Much more!
You can view parade pictures in my gallery.
I hope we can participate by sponsoring the parade next year for our business. I will look into it.
Grant W Laird Jr.