It’s been a week since truck accident. It’s confirmed that it is our fault (my daughter) and we are waiting for final decision if they are going repair it or not. Many people think it’s going be total but we will see next few days. In some ways, I hope our insurance will pay to cover all repairs so we won’t suffer some payments on this loan.
I got Sidekick II replaced last Saturday and its working good. As you know that there’s many good mobile unit beside Sidekick II out there in the markets such as Treo/Palm series, Microsoft PocketPC series and Blackberry series. (Maybe more) T-Mobile doesn’t have a lot to offers for my needs especially with PocketPC that I am very much interested.
Currently I have two accounts (Sidekick II and aircard for my laptop) and I will cancel both accounts very soon. Both cost me over $60 a month alone plus taxes.
I already ordered new PDA called XV6600 with Microsoft PocketPC in it (under Verizon Wireless account) and whole a lot more. I am very exciting because it is a lot faster than T-Mobile. It supports fast speed as much as 400-700 kbps.
I was told that Sprint do offers similar products under their service.
It’s cheaper than you think. According to Verizon Wireless, it cost $499 to $599 but I was able to get one for $349 (special deal & instant rebate) for two-year contract and we pay only $49 a month unlimited (no minutes plan) including Bluetooth support for my laptop. I added $5 a month for insurance/warranty. It is definitely worth for all in one unit and its blasting fast!
Oh yeah, I will pick it up this Tuesday. (Special order) Another thing, it doesnt come with IM client software. I was told it’s only $20 dollars to purchase AIM software. I definitely will do that too!
I will keep you guys posted how it goes once I get it this week!
Broadband Access only available in few major cities including Dallas, for more information: click here. If you want to check your area, click broadband access then put your zip code.
With Windows Mobile™ software, this all-in-one phone/PDA keeps business professionals connected while they’re on-the-go and out of the office. Unlike existing email-centric devices, the XV6600 is supported by Broadband Access speeds* so you’ll stay better connected to customers, colleagues and business partners. With the XV6600′s typical Broadband Access speed of 400-700 kbps^, you can:
• Increase Internet browsing and send and view large email attachments right from the handset
• Boost productivity and speed up response time
• Enjoy a more robust user experience with high-resolution color for viewing emails, calendar, tasks, contacts and the Internet
Talk time: 150 minutes
Standby time: 72 hours
Size: 4.9H x 2.75W x 0.74D inches
Weight: 7.4 oz
• All-digital (800MHz CDMA/1900 MHz) operation
• NationalAccess/BroadbandAccess Capable
• VZEmail with Wireless Sync
• MSM5500 Chipset
• 3.5" QVGA 65K Color Transflective LCD (2.1 inc x 2.8 inch)
• Connect with Bluetooth® (using certain profiles)*
• Integrated QWERTY Keyboard
• SDIO Expansion Slot for additional memory and peripheral devices
• Microsoft® Pocket PC 2003 Phone Edition
• Intel® Dalhart 400 MHz Processor
• ROM 64MB / RAM 128MB
• TXT messaging
• Image Formats Supported: .bmp, .jpeg, .gif
• Audio Formats Supported: .wav, .mp3
• Meets FCC SAR limit. Manufacturer’s highest FCC reported SAR 0.09 at ear, 1.47 on body. Actual SAR may vary
• Microsoft Office Applications: Pocket verisons of Word, Excel, Outlook, Calendar and more
• Built-in Bluetooth Wireless Technology
• Memory: ROM 64MB / RAM 128MB
• TTY Capable*
• Built-in Speakerphone
• *System Dependent
To view Audiovox XV6600 website: click here.
Grant W. Laird, Jr.