ASL Video – 11 Minutes Long
Workshop at WordCamp 2008 – Dallas
Credit: John Pozadzides – http://onemansblog.com/
How to improve your own wordpress website with many tips:
- Add printer plugins – this way it will print perfect post this way rather than print whole crappy with themes in it on your printout.
- Updated profile/picture – yes picture of yourself!!
- Add links on footer; i.e. www.crazytech.com or one of your favorite link.
- Add MyBlogLog – you can sign up at www.mybloglog.com
- Add Top Commenters on sidebar – use your widget to put up there
- P-Metrics? Check it out!
- Add Amazon advertising with your own reseller account
- Use tags!!
- Check out Viddler – supposed to be better quality video
- Check out Woopra – www.woopra.com (beta version)
- Use hyperlink with several words instead of 1-2 words
- Email Subscription – RECOMMENDATION!! (subscribe2 plugins) — FeedBurner is also good optional
- Select partial RSS Feed instead of full
- Open comments all the times; do not require register
- Submit your post at www.Digg.com – its free
- Use FastStone program for optimize & resize pictures. its free!
- Use WP Super Cache plugins – better loading and speedy
- Add image on every post; at least one rather than boring text only; Try www.weburbanist.com
- No begging!!
- Donncha plugins – designed for no zone advertising for preferance visitors (interesting suggestion here)
- Stick with better and/or best tools such as webcam, avoid cheapass equipments
- Use unique name for each images — use fire_house_dallas.jpg instead of img0001.jpg
- Check out more cool info at OMB plugins list here
Feel free to make comments what you think of this tips to improve your WordPress. Again, I haven’t try them all — it may be necessary for you to do little further research by yourself.
Updated 4/12/08: More details about WordCamp Dallas where I attended such as video and pictures – check it out!
Grant Laird Jr.
Categories : Blog stuff, vblog, wordpress